Thank you to all who attended the NWA Haiti Relief meeting on Tuesday, May 26th. It was amazing to see all of those with a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of the people of Haiti. A few things were clear...
- There are many relief efforts already underway by the incredible people of NW Arkansas.
- We all have a lot to learn.
- No one organization or group can do this alone, and there are many opportunities to increase the impact through collaboration and communication.
Thank you to Craig Miller of Thirst No More & Chris Marlow of Help End Local Poverty for sharing their plans for Haiti relief. For more information on both of these organizations, please visit their websites for periodic updates.
Other Local Organizations Efforts
We also learned a lot about some NW Arkansas residents who are making incredible investments in Haiti.
- Adam and Kara Cole are in the process of moving to Haiti, and you can learn more about their story and their mission at Living For a Cause.
- The Tugwell family has founded The Titus Task to help the orphans of Haiti, and they are also organizing short term trips to Haiti. Learn more by visiting their website TheTitusTask.com .
- Razorback Relief: Operation Haiti is an event starting at 7:00 pm on Friday, June 25th organized to raise awareness and pack 2.5 million meals that will be sent to Haiti. Visit their Facebook page for more info.
Where do we go from here?
Feedback from the meeting is still rolling in and plans are being made to have follow up conversations on
Wednesday, June 16th at 6:30 at the NorthStar Partnering Group building in Fayetteville
All are welcome and please come prepared to share...
- Current activities/trips planned by you or your organization.
- Ways you or your organization is available to help (people, coordination, financial, resources, etc.)
The evening will have a short recap of activities since the initial relief meeting & there will be opportunities for all to share & coordinate.
Contact In Email: haiti(@)cobblestoneproject.org